Thursday, July 06, 2006

Save the Best for First



Let's begin with my favorite quilt I've ever made so far in my entire life, shall we? This one was made for my new niece Kamden. It's a wall-hanging, meant to be a growth chart (there are 1/8" tik-marks done in blanket stitch on the tree trunk), but it doesn't have to get used that way, it can just hang there and be pretty.

I love reproduction fabrics, so I used a lot of those here. There are some Aunt Gracies, of course. A few of the blocks on the outside border are called "Makin' Conversation" - the last of my fabric in that line and I wish I could find it again. I'm also a fan of Amy Butler's designs, so she makes an appearance here, too (by way of her Ginger Bliss line).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay! This is my favorite quilt,too! I can't wait to get to our new place and hang it up in Kami's room!